The Customs Hub
We provide expert Customs consulting services to all companies in South Africa, and abroad.
Our clients include:
We have 25 years of industry experience. We have a professional and pragmatic approach to Customs issues, yielding real results.
Companies of all types and sizes approach us for assistance. They include for instance, clothing and textiles, automotive, cosmetics, mining and the FMCG industry.
Scope of Work
The Customs Hub specialises in the South African Customs legislation, notably the Customs & Excise Act.
We are adept at Customs policy and procedure issues. For this reason, we are able to consult in all areas of Customs expertise.
- Import Clearing
- Export Clearing
- Cross Border Trade
- Rebate Stores and Manufacturing
- Bond Stores and Cross Docking
- Refunds, Rebates and Drawbacks
- Licensing & Registrations (on e-Filing)
- Removal in Bond and Transit Goods
- Appeals (Penalty, Tariff, and Others)
- Trade Agreements and Rules of Origin
- Monthly Retainer Services.
Our Own Compliance
The Customs Hub is a registered taxpayer, and we are VAT registered.
We are also SARS Registered Customs Tax Practitioners. We therefore have the unique ability to manage SARS e-Filing registrations with approval from our clients.
Being a Registered Tax Practitioner is important for a number of reasons:
- Firstly, it ensures that our clients have access to qualified staff
- Secondly, we are accredited and hence monitored by an industry body (SAIT)
- Thirdly, we keep up to date with industry requirements through the annual CPD study requirements
- Fourthly, we are able to manage the SARS e-Filing portal with approval from our clients.
Please visit Our Compliance page for more information.
How We Got Started
The Customs Hub was started by Graeme Lennie (MBA, NMU) in 2008.
Graeme worked for SARS Customs for twelve years. After that, Graeme worked for a large Clearing & Forwarding Agent for ten years. There he managed a large Customs team servicing the automotive and general business sectors.
Graeme also served as Chairman and Director for SAAFF (South African Freight Forwarders Association).