Customs Licensing – Migration to e-Filing

Did you know… SARS Customs e-Filing Migration has Begun? SARS Customs have begun the process to migrate existing clients to e-Filing.

New Customs clients can be registered by Customs Tax Practitioners directly on e-Filing. Practitioners can also re-register existing clients on e-Filing.

Migration to e-Filing

SARS Customs e-Filing migration can be described as a re-registration of an existing client on e-Filing.

The re-registration is similar to a new application. Therefore, all documents must be supplied as-if one is applying for a new license.

All documents submitted must be fresh, i.e. they must not be outdated.

Migration is taking place in a staggered approach:

  • Firstly, Clearing Agents are being requested to migrate
  • Secondly, Clearing Agents must “link” to their clients. Off-course, client acceptance on e-Filing is required
  • Thirdly, Importers, Exporters and Other Client Types will be requested to migrate to e-Filing.

License and Registration Types

Here is a list of the Major Customs Licensing and Registration types:

  1. Importer Exporter Code
  2. Bond Store Registration
  3. Rebate Manufacturing Store
  4. Clearing Agents License
  5. Deferment Accounts
  6. Remover of Goods in Bond
  7. Customs Road Consignor Bond
  8. Drawbacks of Duty Registration
  1. Company Name Change
  2. Foreign Registered Entities
  3. Trade Agreement Registrations
  4. Excise Rebate Manufacturing Stores
  5. Migration to e-Filing and Re-Registrations
  6. e-Filing Relationship Management, and
  7. RCG (Reporting and Conveyance of Goods).

Not all of these License and Registration types are on e-Filing.

Our Consultant and Managing Director, Graeme Lennie is a SARS Registered Customs Tax Practitioner.

We therefore have the unique ability to manage and submit SARS e-Filing registrations with approval from our clients.

Please Contact us for advice or a quotation.

Customs Licensing – Remover of Goods in Bond

Did you know… a ROG (Remover of Goods in Bond) licence entitles a road transporter of goods to move Customs Bonded goods?

Bonded goods are goods where the Customs duties and VAT are still liable to SARS Customs, i.e. not yet paid. It means that the duty and VAT is temporarily suspended.

Therefore, bonded goods may only be moved by carriers licensed at SARS Customs.

Examples of Bonded Removals:

  1. Moving bonded goods from a Port of entry to a Port of exit or cross border
  2. From the Port to a Bonded Warehouse, or from a Bonded Warehouse to a Port
  3. From a Port or Bonded Warehouse across border into the BELN (Botswana, Eswatini / Swaziland, Lesotho and Namibia).

Each bonded truck must be licensed as a “Means of Transport“.

Most Bonded Carriers neglect to register their trucks as a Means of Transport. Therefore, one’s Customs risk increases significantly when things go wrong.

A licensed Remover of Goods in Bond can decide whether to have their own surety bond. Alternatively, they can use a third party Consignor Bond.

The Customs Hub specialises in Licensing:

  1. Removers of Goods in Bond
  2. Cross Border Road Hauliers, and
  3. Consignor Bonds.

Please Contact us for advice or a quotation.