Did you know… SARS Customs e-Filing Migration has Begun? SARS Customs have begun the process to migrate existing clients to e-Filing.
New Customs clients can be registered by Customs Tax Practitioners directly on e-Filing. Practitioners can also re-register existing clients on e-Filing.
Migration to e-Filing
SARS Customs e-Filing migration can be described as a re-registration of an existing client on e-Filing.
The re-registration is similar to a new application. Therefore, all documents must be supplied as-if one is applying for a new license.
All documents submitted must be fresh, i.e. they must not be outdated.
Migration is taking place in a staggered approach:
- Firstly, Clearing Agents are being requested to migrate
- Secondly, Clearing Agents must “link” to their clients. Off-course, client acceptance on e-Filing is required
- Thirdly, Importers, Exporters and Other Client Types will be requested to migrate to e-Filing.
License and Registration Types
Here is a list of the Major Customs Licensing and Registration types:
- Importer Exporter Code
- Bond Store Registration
- Rebate Manufacturing Store
- Clearing Agents License
- Deferment Accounts
- Remover of Goods in Bond
- Customs Road Consignor Bond
- Drawbacks of Duty Registration
- Company Name Change
- Foreign Registered Entities
- Trade Agreement Registrations
- Excise Rebate Manufacturing Stores
- Migration to e-Filing and Re-Registrations
- e-Filing Relationship Management, and
- RCG (Reporting and Conveyance of Goods).
Not all of these License and Registration types are on e-Filing.
Our Consultant and Managing Director, Graeme Lennie is a SARS Registered Customs Tax Practitioner.
We therefore have the unique ability to manage and submit SARS e-Filing registrations with approval from our clients.
Please Contact us for advice or a quotation.