Customs Licensing – Remover of Goods in Bond

Did you know… a ROG (Remover of Goods in Bond) licence entitles a road transporter of goods to move Customs Bonded goods?

Bonded goods are goods where the Customs duties and VAT are still liable to SARS Customs, i.e. not yet paid. It means that the duty and VAT is temporarily suspended.

Therefore, bonded goods may only be moved by carriers licensed at SARS Customs.

Examples of Bonded Removals:

  1. Moving bonded goods from a Port of entry to a Port of exit or cross border
  2. From the Port to a Bonded Warehouse, or from a Bonded Warehouse to a Port
  3. From a Port or Bonded Warehouse across border into the BELN (Botswana, Eswatini / Swaziland, Lesotho and Namibia).

Each bonded truck must be licensed as a “Means of Transport“.

Most Bonded Carriers neglect to register their trucks as a Means of Transport. Therefore, one’s Customs risk increases significantly when things go wrong.

A licensed Remover of Goods in Bond can decide whether to have their own surety bond. Alternatively, they can use a third party Consignor Bond.

The Customs Hub specialises in Licensing:

  1. Removers of Goods in Bond
  2. Cross Border Road Hauliers, and
  3. Consignor Bonds.

Please Contact us for advice or a quotation.

Customs Licensing – Clearing Agents

Did you know… A Customs Clearing Agents license allows you to process Customs clearance declarations on behalf of an importer or exporter of goods?

One does not need a Deferment Facility. An alternative is to pay SARS in Cash or via EFT when processing entries.

General Requirements

The payment procedure for Cash or EFT is fairly simple. It involves obtaining a PRN (Payment Reference Number) in order to pay the duties and VAT to Customs.

While having a registered company at the CIPC is a requirement, you do not need to be registered for VAT. You do need to be registered for income tax purposes.

Naturally you will need the services of an IT Software Provider. They will help you to process Customs clearance declarations which become linked to the SARS entry system.

Holding a Clearing Agents license is not as complex as you might imagine.

Many Importers and Exporters are also registered Clearing Agents. They Customs clear their own goods.

Please Contact us for advice or a quotation.

Customs Clearing Agents vs Forwarding License

Customs Clearing Agents are required to license with SARS.

Freight Forwarders do not need to license with SARS. Those who cut their own House Air Waybills must be registered with FIATA.