Customs Licensing – Clearing Agents

Did you know… A Customs Clearing Agents license allows you to process Customs clearance declarations on behalf of an importer or exporter of goods?

One does not need a Deferment Facility. An alternative is to pay SARS in Cash or via EFT when processing entries.

General Requirements

The payment procedure for Cash or EFT is fairly simple. It involves obtaining a PRN (Payment Reference Number) in order to pay the duties and VAT to Customs.

While having a registered company at the CIPC is a requirement, you do not need to be registered for VAT. You do need to be registered for income tax purposes.

Naturally you will need the services of an IT Software Provider. They will help you to process Customs clearance declarations which become linked to the SARS entry system.

Holding a Clearing Agents license is not as complex as you might imagine.

Many Importers and Exporters are also registered Clearing Agents. They Customs clear their own goods.

Please Contact us for advice or a quotation.

Customs Clearing Agents vs Forwarding License

Customs Clearing Agents are required to license with SARS.

Freight Forwarders do not need to license with SARS. Those who cut their own House Air Waybills must be registered with FIATA.

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: